Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions. If you cannot find the answer to your question here, please contact us at GW.TLC.EMLAR2020@uu.nl.
1) Which tutorials will take place during which session?
The schedule for the tutorials will be announced after registration is closed.
2) When do I know for which tutorials I have been placed?
As soon as the registration deadline has passed, we will try to place everyone according to their preferences. You will receive further information once this happens.
3) Is there a participation fee?
There are three categories of fees:
- Members of UiL-OTS (including students of the RMA Linguistics at Utrecht University) and other members of LOT do not pay anything. Please indicate on the registration form whether you are a member of UiL-OTS or LOT, as LOT pays €50 for each LOT participant (if you are both, please register as a member of UiL-OTS).
- Students and staff members of UU (other than UiL-OTS) pay €50.
- Other participants pay €100.
Members of UiL-OTS, LOT, and UU have to pay €25 if they wish to attend the conference dinner. For other participants, the dinner is free.
4) Can I get LOT credits for participating in EMLAR?
You can get 1 ECTS for participating in EMLAR XVI. To receive this credit, you will need to participate in all sessions (that is, you need to attend three tutorials and all lectures). After each session, you have to collect a signature on your attendance sheet at the registration desk.
Please note that we at EMLAR are not responsible for giving the LOT credit. We simply inform LOT who participated in all sessions, and then they give the credit. For questions concerning LOT credits, please contact your local coordinator or the LOT office (firstname.lastname@example.org).